Date 2013-10-10 10:10:22 Location : Oceania
Wickham Point IDC
Qualified teachers sought to teach English language skills to our clients from a variety of backgrounds
Based at Australia`s largest onshore immigration facility, Wickham Point provides care for a diverse range of clients in a number of different accommodation styles.
Reporting to the Programs Manager, the ESL Teacher will work with a varied student base to teach a Variety of English Language and Life skills. Our ESL Teachers work with out Programs & Activities team to ensure our Clients maintain a positive and healthy Community through providing educational, sporting, recreational & leisure activities, as well as providing support in religious, spiritual and pastoral care as necessary.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate education programs to cater for Family groups, children, youths and adults.
- Empowering clients by encouraging them to utilize their special interests &skills.
- To supervise and manage any client or external volunteer recruited to assist with this area of activity.
To be successfully considered for this role you will have:
- Australian recognised tertiary qualifications in Education
- Formal Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) qualifications. Please note, without separate and formal TESOL qualification your application will not be considered for this positin.
- Experience in teaching English as a Second Language to a variety of students
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for education and learning.
- Experience in working with people from diverse religious and/or cultural backgrounds will be highly advantageous
This position will challenge your skills, focus your people skills, and assist people in a vulnerable situation. This is a chance to work in a culturally diverse, dynamic, fast paced team and develop your career in a workplace like no other.
This opportunity won`t last; all applications must be received by 15th October 2013 to be considered. Don`t wait, apply now to start your new adventure