ESL Teachers for minimum 6-month commitment - IMMEDIATE OPENINGS - Cusco, Peru
Date 2017-04-29 19:04:12 Location : South America
Maximo Nivel is a leading ESL institute in Latin America. We are looking for great ESL teachers to join our teaching team in Cusco, Peru.
Maximo Nivel is well known in Latin America for our "Native English Program," our professionalism, and our dedication to excellent teaching and great client service. We are a hard-working and professional group—and these are the kind of teachers we look for.
Our ESL teachers teach 30 contact hours per week, Monday - Friday. Class size is strictly limited to 8-12 learners. Most teachers will teach a range of levels from Basic to Advanced. The majority of our learners are young adults (18-30 years old).
We pride ourselves on our teachers, and it is important that you take pride in your teaching. We do not hire tourists for short-term positions; we specifically look for professionals with a passion for teaching. We stress three things in our classrooms:
2. Chemistry with our learners
3. Student Talk Time (STT)
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA certification required from an intensive, ONSITE, 100+ hour course with practical teaching hours observed by a teacher trainer.
• 1-3 years professional experience
• Native speaker of English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a “love” for teaching; excellent writing skills; strong team skills
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
SALARY and SCHEDULE
$500 per month
Split schedule AM and PM classes, M-F, 6 classes a day
The Institute pays teachers a fixed base salary—this salary is not adjusted down unless the teacher requests fewer classes or misses classes. The Institute pays teachers additional money as follows:
- $85/month for each class above 6 classes.
- $5/class when teachers are substituting for other teachers.
$5/class for private classes (only if the private class is in addition