JAPAN: IMMEDIATE TEACHER OPPORTUNITIES for (2016)
By: IB Japan < Show E-mail >
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016
Location: Asia (Japan)
Why Japan? With the run-up to the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, and over 19 million tourists having visited Japan in 2015 and an expectation of 23 million tourists to come to Japan in 2016, there is renewed vigor in English education in Japan. IB Japan continues to provide the most reliant & consistent educational program being taught by enthusiastic & well trained teachers. Also, in global uncertainty, the Yen continues to gain strength especially compared to the Canadian, Australian & US dollars, the Euro, and other currencies.
What Positions in June? We are looking to fill three positions in June in these locations. We also invite Working Holiday Visas & people already in Japan. Please Google these cities:
• Tomioka City in Gunma: A Mon-Fri position teaching with three other native teachers living there. Arrival as soon as possible!
• Kamisu City in Ibaraki: A Tues – Sat position requiring driving from the apartment to the school. A car is provided. June 12 arrival.
• Katsutadai in Yachiyo City: A Tues - Sat position teaching at various locations in the Chiba area.
Why is Japan the preferred choice for teaching English in Asia? Why do so many teachers come to Japan to first teach, OR, after teaching in South Korea, China, or elsewhere? Is it because of its historical roots (with many world heritage sites); its iconic images of the samurai, geisha, tea ceremony, Zen, and ninjas? Or, is it because people are attracted to its modern cultural imports of anime, cosplay, and J-pop? With the Olympics coming to Tokyo in 2020, experiencing this development can be incredibly exciting. Some of the other practical reasons why so many people wish to teach and live in Japan are:
• It is a developed nation providing modern standards of living.
• It has a public transportation system that is the envy of the world.
• It also provides national health care which covers 70% of medical AND dental.
• It is one of the safest countries in the world with a law-abiding, non-discriminatory & friendly populace.
• It has one of the most stable currencies in the world. Whenever there is financial uncertainty in the world the Yen rises in value.
Why Teach for IB Japan? Why is IB Japan the school of choice for so many teachers coming to Japan?
• Our Head Office has experienced North American directors and trainers who have many years of teaching and administrative experience. You will be speaking with fellow native-speakers.
• We have about 80 schools & employ over 100 native-speaking teachers, this experience speaks for itself.
• Class size is limited to 8, lessons are under an hour - once a week, & total teaching hours are under 27 contact hours per week.
• IB Japan has been successfully providing English educational instruction for over 30 years. We have a special relationship with Narita Airport providing lessons & conducting PR events for the airport.
• The average stay of an IB Japan teacher is over two years with many staying with us for 5-10 years plus.
• Over 10% of our teachers are returning employees.
IB Japan is hiring for immediate positions in June 2016 in Chiba & beyond. We are primarily based in Chiba Prefecture which is near Tokyo, but we have schools in the greater Kanto and Chubu regions. We offer an exciting teaching opportunity requiring serious job dedication, cultural respect & flexibility, self-organization, creativity, enthusiasm, and professional pride.
The IB Japan experience is both rewarding & challenging. All full time teachers teach a maximum of 1600 (contact) minutes per 5-day workweek; each day is within an eight hour time period. We expect teachers to be professional both in attitude & appearance, actively participate in teacher meetings, workshops & seminars, be flexible, & have a sincere desire to continue to improve as a teacher & as an employee.
IB Japan Benefits include:
• 1.5 year contract with full visa sponsorship.
• Single occupancy apartment, minimally furnished, and a maximum rent of 55,000 yen.
• 250,000 yen starting salary with all work related transportation fees reimbursed.
• Salary increases for one year renewals.
• 5 Weeks of vacation: 2 weeks in summer, 2 weeks in winter, 1 week in spring per full year.
• 5 added Contingency Days after 6 months of employment - can be used as sick or extended vacation days.
• Any unused Contingency Days can be redeemed for payment at the end of the contract.
Instructions for Applying: You must provide the following information to be considered: 1) your resume; 2) a cover letter; 3) a professional picture; and 4) a relaxed personal picture (tasteful) of yourself preferably standing either inside or outside and can include friends. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking to fill June 2016 positions in Gunma, Ibaraki & Chiba. SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE. We look forward to your response.
• A University Degree is required for a Visa or a Working Holiday Visa.
• Must be a Native English Speaker.
• ESL / EFL teaching experience (Teaching experience with children highly preferred)
• CELTA / TESL / TEFL Certificates favorable.
• Currently in Japan is a plus- Working Holiday Visa holders welcome!
IB Japan has been in business for 32 years and is a proud member of ‘Japan Association for the Promotion of Foreign Language Education’ (JAPFLE) sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of Education. IBE/ALS is also affiliated with the Narita Airport Authority in organizing PR events, providing translation work and lessons, evaluating the English skills of Air Traffic Controllers, providing English lessons for support staff, etc. We take teaching seriously & are looking for conscientious teachers.