Bangkok: EFL Lower Primary Teacher and EFL Secondary Teacher
By: Bell English < Show E-mail >
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017
Location: Southeast Asia (Thailand)
Bell is recruiting for an EFL Lower Primary Teacher and a EFL Secondary Teacher to join our expanding partnership English programme at Assumption College, Rama II, Thailand.
EFL Lower Primary Teacher
We are looking at a start date of January 2017.
This post involves up to 21 hours of classroom teaching per week to Thai students in lower primary English programmes at our Bell language centre located within Assumption College.
EFL Secondary Teacher
We are looking at a start date for the end of February 2017.
This post involves up to 21 hours of classroom teaching per week to Thai students in secondary English programmes at our Bell language centre located within Assumption College. The focus of our program is to incorporate Content Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) as a means of supporting our students with their core English Program subjects. This relies on teachers developing tailored materials targeting the needs of our students and regular liaison with core subject teachers. Therefore, we require candidates who are comfortable with materials development and creative lesson planning.
Please include a covering letter with your application stating which role you are applying for and outlining your suitability.
Duties will include:
- 21 contact hours maximum per week
- Being present at school from Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm
- Lesson and course design for general English and extra-curricular courses- Development of supplementary materials
- Contribution of materials to a resource library
- Preparation, administration and marking of placement, progress and achievement tests
- Helping to run our teacher training program which includes observations, co-teaching and peer observation
- Assisting with the preparation and running of ELT examinations as required
- Contributing to the in-service training of Bell colleagues through presentations and workshops
- Leading group planning sessions and offering advice and support with regard to teaching approaches and materials
- The induction of new staff and assisting teachers in their professional development
- Participating in school activities such as assemblies, sports days, competitions, and Thai festivals
A one-way economy flight for staff recruited outside of Thailand
Accommodation – One-month hotel provided upon arrival
Assistance in finding suitable accommodation
Transport to and from Bangkok (Krung Thonburi BTS) to the school
8 weeks paid holiday per year, plus public holidays
Full BUPA health insurance
Visa and work permit
• Degree level qualified
• CELTA qualification (or equivalent)
• Experience of teaching young learners
• Experience teaching Content Language Intergrated Learning (CLIL) is an advantage (EFL Secondary Teacher role)
A salary between 52,000 – 66,000 baht depending on qualifications and experience