Emergency Hiring: Online English Tutors (Steady Income and Flexible Schedule)
By: Alo7.com < Show E-mail >
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017
Location: Online (Online)
Please go to the following website to apply on line: http://www.aizhuanjiao.com/ALO7_recruitment
More details: please review FAQ: http://www.aizhuanjiao.com/ALO7_recruitment/faq
ALO7 is the largest digital ELT (English Language Teaching) product and solutions provider in China with more than 10M registered users and more than 2,000 training school partners. We are revolutionizing the way English is learned and taught throughout China, from how schools are managed to how schools and homes are connected in the mobile Internet age.
ALO7.com was founded by Pengkai Pan, who holds a PHD from Media Lab of MIT. Its initial angel investors include digital pioneer Professor Nicholas Negroponte, and several international venture capital companies.
We are hiring tutors / teachers who are native English speakers to tutor English online to overseas students. Alo7 provides an online platform where you can work out of your own home, combine your own tutoring / teaching skillsets with Alo7’s interactive curriculum to tutor your students, and see their English level gradually improve with your help.
Alo7’s online tutoring platform provides
• Easy operation
• Interactive content
• Great personalized support system to all tutors
• Flexible and steady income by working out of your own home
- English native speakers ( We only hiring teachers whose mother language is English and who are native speakers from US, Canada, UK and Australia). That means you were born and grew up in these countries. You can live anywhere in the world, but the association with these 4 countries as a native speaker is a requirement at this point. We may open up to South Africans in the future, but not at this point.
- Foreign language is NOT required for this position. If you don't know any other foreign language, you can still teach English as we have all the developed curriculum for you to use.
-Enrolled in 4 year College program or with a Bachelor's Degree
- If not enrolled in 4 year college program or without a Bachelor's Degree, we require an Associate's Degree and TESOL/EST certification.
- Teaching / tutoring experience is preferred but not required.
- Enjoy teaching through digital media
- Friendly, sociable, dynamic, energetic, compassionate, patient and detail-oriented
- Enjoy working with children
Tutors will tutor English as a Foreign Language to overseas students (age 5 to 15). The curriculum incorporates the key elements of the educational standards from North America and Europe. Tutoring sessions might be one-on-one, one-on-three, one-to-four, one-to-six or group sessions.
Available time to tutor:
Peak Tutoring Hours
It is 6pm to 9pm Beijing Standard Time (GMT + 8)
All time below is US EST and you can make your own time Zone conversion
General rule: If you are in USA, most available hours are in the early morning
If you are in Asia, most available hours are at night
If you are in Europe, most available hours are in the middle of the day.
Monday ~ Sunday
6:00am to 9:00am US EST Daylight Saving time
5:00am to 8:00am US EST Normal Winter time.
Off Peak tutoring time beyond Peaking Tutoring time slots:
Monday ~ Sunday
4:00am to 5:00am US EST Normal Winter time.
5:00am to 6:00am US EST Daylight Saving time
Friday and Saturday
8:00pm to 8:00am (Friday and Saturday) Normal Winter time.
9:00pm to 9:00am EST (Friday and Saturday) DST
Flexibility and assurance of combination of Model A and Model B
Model A: Tutors can chose a block of time slots within the Peak tutoring time frame and tutor as little as 6 hours per week and as many as 33 hours + per week. The # of Peak tutoring hours on a weekly basis are proposed by you and within your own control. Once you make yourself available during these time slots, classes will be arranged gradually by our partner schools, and you will have a steady of flow of students on a weekly basis. You face same set of students for a certain time slot, for example, every Monday 7am to 7:30am, you will tutor same group of students and you will build bonding with them. Model A provides steady classes for tutoring that sets us different from other programs where parents drive the booking of tutor's time and tutors have no control of how many classes they teach each week.
Model B: In addition to the Peak Tutoring time, if you want to work more, you can open more time slots, parents will have the opportunity to book classes with you.
All applicants will be recommended to tutor under Model A for minimum 6 hours per week if they are in EST, CST, Asia and Europe time zones. Time slots are Tutors' choice within Peak Tutor Time Slots above. They are also welcome to tutor many more hours in Model A + Model B. Most of our tutoring is in Model A.
You can simply make close to $1000 (base pay alone) by working only 2 to 3 hours per day without leaving your own home. We also provide other projects to qualified tutors to work such as evaluating teachers' performance, working on some presentations, doing our resume screening. These projects are all paid. Qualified tutors in our program can work more during other time slots which do not have to be peak tutoring time.
An income of $1500 for this part time opportunity out of your own home is achievable with our program for steady and qualified tutors / teachers.
USD$7.5 per completed Class (Base pay) + Additional Service Fee
Each class is 25 minutes long.
Bottom line it is: USD$15 to $22 / Hour.
Additional Service fee to Independent Contractor for 1 to A few (up to 6), and 1 to Many Classes are provided.
• 1 to A few (up to 6) Tutoring: 5% to 10% additional on top of the base Independent Contractor fee per class. Each 1 to 3 class can be paid up to $8.25 per 25-minute session.
• 1 to Many classes: 5% to 35% additional on top of base Independent Contractor fee per class. The definition of 1 to Many classes refers to the classes that students are sitting in an actual classroom instead of logging in from home. Each 1 to Many Class can be paid up to $10.13 per 25 minute session.
• We also provide $5 for cancellation fee if parents / students cancel within 12 hours
• For outstanding tutors who have some extra time during the day, we might offer other freelance opportunities with ALO7, such as writing, presentation development, curriculum development.
• We also offer freelance opportunities like recruiter / trainer to highly qualified tutors if they are willing to take on extra projects.
In general, the pay is about starts with USD$15 per 50 minute to USD $20.25 per 50 minute, which transfer to $18 to $24.30 per hour.
Alo7’s Recruiting Process
• Application: Submit your information and resume on the website
• Interview – 30 minutes: You will receive an email to book an online interview; An interview will be scheduled between you and our US recruiter. All our recruiters are our current tutors. You can feel free to ask them about their tutoring experience or any other questions.
• Experience Sharing & Mock Up Class: After you pass interview, you will be provided with some videos to watch to experience how you can plug into Alo7’s tutoring platform. Then you can book an online mock up class.
• Contract signing and Document Submission: After you pass mock up class, you will be provided an Independent Contractor Agreement to sign and you will need to submit some documentation along with the signed Agreement.
• On Board: After contract signing, you will start on board process. We will provide your log in information to your teacher’s website.
• Readiness check: 30 minutes, and a test class ( a few minutes) are provided to you before you officially start tutoring.
Depending on how fast each applicant books the interview / mock up class, the hiring process can be as fast as two weeks after the initial interview.
For more details, please visit our FAQ page: http://www.aizhuanjiao.com/ALO7_recruitment/faq
Please go to the following website to apply on line