English Language Teacher with Task-Based Teaching Experience
By: Brett Fogarty < Show E-mail >
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017
Location: Online (Online)
We are currently seeking high-quality English language teachers to teach task-based, online private and group classes using only authentic materials.
The purpose of Voxy's online teacher-led classes is to complement the language training and instruction that learners get with our self-study product. We offer private and group English classes via video chat to Voxy learners, where they can benefit from personalized instruction tailored to their real world needs.
Voxy is changing the way the world learns English and we need talented, committed and enthusiastic teachers to help this be achieved!
- You are available to teach at least 15 hours/week during these times:
- 1:00AM-11:00AM EST weekdays
- 12:00PM - 5:00PM EST weekdays
- 1:00AM-11:00AM weekends
- 12:00PM-12:00AM weekends
- You have experience with task-based language teaching.
- You have at least 3 years of English language teaching experience, including both private and group sessions.
- You have online English language teaching experience.
- You have or are currently pursuing a degree in education, linguistics or TESOL from a top-ranked university.
- You have or are studying to become a certified English language teacher.
- You are VERY tech-savvy and have a computer with a good camera that is enabled for hardwired ethernet access; a headset with a microphone; and a strong, reliable internet connection.
- You are a problem-solver and can easily troubleshoot technical problems.
- You have multiple foreign language skills.
- You’re passionate about language learning and helping others achieve their language goals.
To apply, please provide:
- A copy of your resume
- A cover letter that address each of the following questions:
Why do you love teaching ESL?
How do you feel that you would be a good fit for Voxy’s task-based, contextual learning methodology?
What do you like about task-based teaching?
Want to know more about us?
Voxy's proprietary personalization technology and exclusive partnerships with leading content publishers enable us to deliver a one-of-a-kind solution to over 2.5 million English learners across the globe. Our mobile and web applications make it possible for individuals to learn from the world around them, turning everyday experiences and content into fun, game-like activities. Our custom-built, live one-on-one and group teaching platform brings the necessary human element front and center, and is a core piece of our methodology.
Voxy’s disruption of the $80B market for English language education has been recognized by leading education investors and the company has been deemed a pioneer by The New York Times, CNN Money, Fast Company, Mashable, Univision, Veja (Brazil), Venturebeat, and others. In August 2013, Voxy announced a strategic partnership with Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. This new partnership marries Pearson’s global scale with Voxy’s cutting edge technology to connect with and improve the lives of the over two billion people learning English worldwide.