English Literature Teacher in Shanghai
By: Elan Education Training (Shanghai) < Show E-mail >
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018
Location: Asia (China)
English Literature Teacher for 5-15-year-old students in Shanghai
• Deliver high quality literature, writing, and phonics courses to students including assigned quizzes
• Issue, explain and mark all tasks and assignments, including in-class and post class assignments, to students and parents of younger students
• Conduct phonics tests and free trials for new students and make recommendations for classes
• Enforce a “culture of English” and other élan expectations through classroom discipline and focus
• Work with the Center manager, Head Teacher and other staff in the center to be informed about schedule changes, absences, and students having trial classes, as well as create strategies for special case students
• Substitute for absent colleagues - this may be at short notice and off-site, or involve assistance in the library during busy times, particularly if you have an empty slot on a weekend
• Participate in a training course held by the academic department, which will help you become familiar with all aspects of Élan curriculum, lesson flow, and quiz schedules
• If your work schedule allows and you have an interest, there is an opportunity to assist with the development of our curriculum, winter and summer classes materials, and also to assist with marketing events
• Five days a week (three weekdays and Sat/Sun), with two consecutive days off on weekdays
• Weekday hours: 11am-8pm (with 1 hour for lunch)
• Weekend hours: 9am-6pm (with 1 hour for lunch)
• Summer and winter holiday schedule will be arranged by the Centre Manager of each centre accordingly
Monthly salary: 14000 to 20000 RMB, pre-tax
• Discretional bonus based on annual performance.
• Up to 8000 RMB flight reimbursement (one-way to or from, or return to your home country) after completing a one year contract.
• Health and accident insurance for a one-year contract.
• A legal Z Work Visa with work permit provided.
• Airport pick-up on arrival.
• Up to 1200 RMB hotel fee reimbursement, paid after the 2 months’ probation period.
• 10000 RMB start-up loan for accommodation (Teachers have to provide their passport and accommodation contract as a guarantee until the loan is paid back in three months).
• 11 days for Chinese Public Holidays plus 11 days for paid annual leave. 3 days full paid sick leave (teachers need to provide sick note get from local hospital).
• Native speakers and citizens of the USA, the UK, NZ, SA, Ireland, Canada, Australia
• Bachelor's degree or high education
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate
• Formal English teaching experience is preferred