Make a difference teaching in rural Cambodia
By: New Hope for Cambodian Children < Show E-mail >
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019
Location: Southeast Asia (Cambodia)
Social Studies Teaching Position
We’re recruiting experienced and enthusiastic teachers who seek an opportunity to work with children in residential care, living in rural Cambodia.
Our school is an English-language immersion school operated by New Hope for Cambodian Children (a Cambodian NGO) as part of their mission to provide quality education for the HIV+ children in their care. We are located 33 KM from the capital Phnom Penh, in a rural village surrounded by rice fields.
Position available immediately –school year ends August 2019
Primary School – Grade 7
Subject: Social studies
• Class sizes average 12 to 20 students
• 20 contact hours with students per week
• Teachers design lessons based on Cambodian Government statements
• Academic year from late October to early August
• Compensation includes US$200 per month plus private onsite accommodation, all meals and the cost of a year business visa.
• NHCC does NOT provide airfare for first year teachers
• Native English language speakers ONLY
• Degree in Education or TESOL qualifications
• One year of classroom based teaching experience, including behaviour management
• Recent police clearance
• Experience working or travelling for extended periods in a foreign country
• Ability to live communally in a rural setting
You can visit our website at newhopeforcambodianchildren.org for more information about NHCC.
To apply for a position, or request additional information, please email your CV and a cover letter, stating the grade position you are interested in, to John Tucker at email@example.com