Union Jack International Language School in Kaifaqu, Dalian, China requires 2, ESL teachers to start in March 2019
By: Union Jack International English < Show E-mail >
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019
Location: Asia (China)
We are a privately owned British school and a well established English training center with a focus on teaching English to students between the ages of 4 up to adults.
Currently we need 2 teachers to cover students in the age range 4-7 years old.
The atmosphere at Union Jack promotes friendship and team spirit amongst the staff. The opinions of each staff member are valuable and appreciated in reaching our goals of being a better school today than we were yesterday. Every new staff member has an experience or talent that will help benefit our students and our school.
We also take professional development seriously; all current Managers started as teachers, as the school believes in providing the teaching team with the tools and opportunities for growth. A comprehensive training program is offered, focusing on curriculum training, teaching skills and classroom management.
● Native Speakers from the UK, Australia, Canada, the USA, New Zealand, South Africa and Ireland.
● At least 2 years classroom teaching experience, desirable
● Degree obtained in a native-English speaking country
● TEFL/TESOL certification, desirable
● Energetic, creative and passionate about teaching and sharing culture and customs from across the globe
● A professional and conscientious work ethic, clean criminal record
Remuneration and Benefits
● Monthly salary: 15000-20,000RMB depending on qualifications and experience
● Start-up loan available, if required to assist with flight costs and accommodation
● 50RMB bonus per demo student signed up and existing students who continue their studies for another term
● 200RMB per hour for over-time, if required
● 2 weeks paid holidays per year as well as paid Chinese public holidays
● 1 weeks paid hotel accommodation upon your arrival and airport pick-up
● Fully paid furnished private apartment
● Working Visa and Foreign Residence Permit
● Year-end bonus of 10,000RMB upon completion of contract
The work schedule is 35 hours per week of which no more than 20 will be teaching hours. The remaining time is for office duties including lesson preparation. 2 days off will be given per week.
There are a maximum of 8 children per class and they range in age from 4 to 7 years old. Classes are split by age and English ability. A bilingual assistant teacher with be with you at all times during your lessons as well as assist with the preparation of your lessons.
Dalian is the second largest city in Liaoning Province. It’s a coastal and a very pleasant, laid back city to visit and live in than most Chinese cities of comparable size. The large number of foreign businesses in the city and foreign students and teachers at the city's many universities ensure that there are plenty of companies (from up market hotels, shopping malls, cinemas, western restaurants, import stores, deli’s, bars and coffee houses) which cater to those who do not call China their native home.
To apply please send copies of your passport, resume, TEFL/TESOL certificate, and degree to firstname.lastname@example.org