(FEB 2020) Beijing schools - 18,000RMB($2600) After Tax + Free Accomm + Free Flights
By: Bethany Atkinson < Show E-mail >
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019
Location: Asia (China)
- 15,000-18,000RMB monthly salary AFTER TAX (GBP 1760-2100; USD 2120- 2550; EUR 1890-2270)
- Free accommodation provided (or optional monthly housing reimbursement)
- 6000RMB flight reimbursement
- Around 2 months' fully paid summer holiday
- Chinese public holidays fully paid
- Contract renewal bonus: 7500-11,000RMB
- Max. 20 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday with evenings and weekends free
- Working visa provided
- Commercial insurance
- Contract period: February 2020-January 2021
A modern global megacity with three millennia of rich history, Beijing is both one of the oldest cities in the world and one of the world’s leading centres for education, culture, innovation and technology. Renowned for its opulent palaces, temples, parks, gardens and tombs, Beijing contains seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites; most notably the Great Wall of China and the grand Forbidden City complex - the imperial palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties.
With a vibrant city centre, Beijing delivers all the benefits of living in a big city: experience Sanlitun’s bar scene, taste authentic Chinese cuisine, scout street markets for hidden treasures, or shop for high-end brands in the largest mall in Asia. And yet - encircled by mountains capped by the meandering Great Wall of China - Beijing is perfectly poised to appreciate China’s natural wonders: view cherry blossom blooming on the hillsides in spring, and watch autumn leaves turn vivid shades of orange and red in Beijing’s many national parks.
Teaching in a Public Primary School
Beijing primary schools have one month’s holiday in winter and around two months’ summer holiday, so teaching in our schools leaves plenty of free time for travelling and provides a high salary on which to do so.
Your priority will be inspiring children to love English – so your classes will mainly consist of playing games, singing songs and reading stories. Your whole class will be taught in English, though you will have a Chinese teaching assistant with you to help with classroom management and give translations where necessary. Teaching experience is useful but not required.
What We Do
We place teachers into our trusted partner schools in Beijing.
After matching you to your school, we'll support you every step of the way with preparing your paperwork for the Chinese visa and work permit. We provide airport pick-up and full landing support such as opening a Chinese bank account and obtaining a Chinese SIM card. Training and orientation is provided. Throughout your contract, you’ll have an assigned bilingual case-handler who will be available to assist you with any issues you may have during your stay.
1) Native English speaker from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
2) Bachelor's degree
3) ONE of the following:
- A degree in Education, Linguistics, English Literature or a related field
- A 120-hour TEFL/TESOL/CELTA qualification
- A teaching licence certifying you to teach in your home country