Recruiting 20 Teachers of English in Yangon, Myanmar
By: British Council < Show E-mail >
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020
Location: Southeast Asia (Myanmar)The Yangon teaching operation is in a period of expansion where we expect to offer English language courses across lifestage centres – offsite and in the main teaching centre premises. We are open 7 days a week and offer classes from 7am to 8.33pm. Almost all students are between elementary and upper intermediate level. A minority of our students come from European or neighbouring Asian countries. Most learners, Adult and Young Learner, have General English classes, but we also offer IELTS preparation classes plus a number of classes for corporate clients and NGO clients. A typical teaching schedule focuses on either Young Learner and Adult classes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AND WHY
• Deliver quality teaching to our Adult and Young Learner customers
• Support good relationships with our customers by working closely with the Senior Teachers and Coordinators and Sales and Customer management team
• Maintaining and developing of teaching materials as required
• Assisting the Teaching Centre team with wider services, and events to promote and position our teaching offer
• 24 hour contracts – US$15,190 – 20,532 gross per year and GBP 7,740 – 8,700 gross per year
• 21 hour contracts – US$13,291 – 17,966 gross per year and GBP 6,772 – 7,612 gross per year
+ Enjoy 40 days paid leave per year plus approx.14 days public holidays
+ Training and Development opportunities including an extensive internal development programme, support and funding in obtaining internationally recognised qualifications
We are looking for a range of teachers; those with the Delta/Trinity Diploma or equivalent and 3-4 years’ post certificate experience.
Those with the CELTA and two years’ experience, and those with the CELTA and one year’s experience. If applying with less than two years’ experience you will be given thorough continued professional development, and anyone lacking a YL extension to the CELTA will be expected to start the TYLEC in their first year of teaching.
Applicants should also be a highly proficient user of English with an undergraduate degree.
To join us go to tinyurl.com/BUR-T-3029e to apply online
Enquiries about the post can be sent to the East Asia Regional Teacher Recruitment team based in Singapore